Last update: February 20, 2020
Beast & Buckle's Ambassador Program offers eligible affiliates, including blogs and other third party websites (“Ambassadors”), the opportunity to earn commissions on qualifying sales that originate from links to Beast & Buckle’s websites on an Ambassador’s site or social media profile. This Ambassadors Policy explains your rights and responsibilities when participating in Beast & Buckle’s Ambassador Program.
1. Eligibility and Enrollment in Beast & Buckle's Ambassador Program
Prospective Ambassadors must apply and be approved by Beast & Buckle in order to gain access to the Ambassador Program.
Prospective Ambassadors are evaluated based on criteria such as type of site, site quality, site content, variety of site content and items promoted, brand identity, and alignment with Beast & Buckle’s values. During the application process, prospective Ambassadors may be asked to share additional information about any of the listed criteria.
To be eligible for our Ambassador Program, you must:
- Have one of the following: (1) a website with a URL, (2) a Facebook Page, or (3) an Instagram profile – Beast & Buckle reserves the right to review all unique sites and URLs and approve or reject applications; and
- Have an appropriate amount of content on your site or profile(s).
Beast & Buckle’s Ambassador team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following types of websites are prohibited from participating in the Ambassador Program:
- “Cash-back” or voucher sites (websites that offer rewards for buying goods through referral links);
- Price comparison sites;
- Advertising networks (online networks that sell or place advertisements);
- Sites using “pop-ups” or “pop-unders” (websites that launch “pop-up” or hidden windows on users’ browsers);
- Social sharing sites, forums, social media pages, and registries;
- Sites that exist solely to promote Beast & Buckle items;
- Sites with content related to sexual, religious, political or other sensitive matters.
Ambassadors are required to follow Beast & Buckle’s Trademark Policy on websites, social media posts, and advertisements. Any Ambassador in violation of this policy may be removed from the program.
Prospective Ambassadors must apply and enroll directly through the Ambassador Program platform. Beast & Buckle may contact Ambassadors directly with essential program updates. If you no longer consent to be contacted or wish to leave the program, you must send an email to email@example.com. Beast & Buckle reserves the right to remove Ambassadors from the Ambassadors Program and refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Participation in the Ambassador Program may be limited to individuals or entities located in certain countries and is void where prohibited by law. Beast & Buckle reserves the right to approve or reject any application to join the Ambassador Program for any reason.
Depending on where an Ambassador is located, they may be subject to varying regulations regarding endorsements and testimonials. For example, in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission outlines specific requirements regarding disclosure. It is the affiliate's responsibility to know and follow any applicable regulations that apply to their site. Beast & Buckle is unable to provide legal advice; we urge you to speak to a legal expert if you believe these or other regulations may apply to you.
2. Commission Rates, Qualifying Sales and Payment
As an affiliate, you can receive commissions for qualifying sales. Commission rates are determined on case by case basis and may vary based on a variety of factors such as type of site and content. For current commission rates, please check the program's registration page.
Qualifying sales are sales made on Beast & Buckle by users that arrived on the Beast & Buckle site by clicking an approved link on an Affiliate’s site (an “Affiliate Link”) and pay by credit or debit card, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay or Google Pay, OR sales made using an Ambassador's voucher code. Affiliate links, including URLs and banners or other creative assets, can be found on the Ambassador Program platform. Ambassador may not alter any of the text links or creative assets made available through the Affiliates Program platform in order to receive payment. Ambassadors are also requested not to hardcode Affiliate Links into their sites, so that any updates to creative assets take immediate effect. Ambassadors may use their voucher code to purchase Beast & Buckle products, but they will not earn commissions for their own purchases.
The Ambassador Program platform uses browser cookies to verify qualifying sales. The cookies are valid for thirty (30) days (the “Cookie Period”). Commissions are paid on qualifying sales made during the Cookie Period. This means that an Ambassador can receive a commission for a qualifying sale if the sale was made within thirty days of the user clicking the Affiliate Link, as long as the Ambassador was the last referrer. If a user clicks multiple Affiliate Links, the last Affiliate Link to be clicked prior to a qualifying sale will receive the commission. If the user’s last click prior to making the purchase was a paid channel, such as Google PPC, the purchase will not be a qualifying sale and an Ambassador will not receive a commission.
Commissions are calculated by multiplying the relevant commission rate and the price of the qualifying sales (excluding shipping costs and taxes). Commissions are not paid on sales that are canceled or returned.
Commissions are subject to review and other limitations for fraudulent activity. Beast & Buckle reserves the right to withhold commissions if fraudulent activity is found. Any sales qualifying for both rewards in the Beast & Buckle Pack Rewards program and Ambassador commissions will only earn rewards in the Beast & Buckle Pack Rewards program. Ambassadors should not click on their own affiliate links, as they will not earn commissions on their own purchases, and such activity could trigger fraud concerns.
3. Program Restrictions
Ambassadors that violate any of the following program restrictions may be suspended or removed from the Ambassador Program and may not receive commissions, in Beast & Buckle’s sole discretion:
Social Media and Sharing
Ambassadors may only post affiliate links on social media feeds they operate in line with their website URL, such as Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Affiliate links are prohibited on some social sharing sites, such as Pinterest and Tumblr. When posting content outside of Beast & Buckle, it is the Ambassador’s responsibility to follow each site’s policies on affiliate links. Use of Voucher Codes Ambassadors may only promote voucher codes that are (a) provided through the Ambassador Program platform or (b) publicly promoted by Beast & Buckle. For voucher codes provided through the Ambassador Program, any expiration dates should be clearly displayed next to the voucher codes, and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after the expiration dates. Ambassadors displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the Ambassador Program.
Beast & Buckle maintains a strict policy on paid search activity. Ambassadors must comply with the following conditions on any ad platform, including, but not limited to search engines, content networks and social networking sites:
- Ambassadors are not permitted to bid or appear on searches that include the terms “Beast & Buckle” or "Beast and Buckle";
- Ambassadors are not permitted to bid or appear on extended or hybrid searches that include the term "Beast & Buckle” or "Beast and Buckle";
- Ambassadors are not permitted to bid or appear on misspellings or variations of searches that include the terms “Beast & Buckle” or "Beast and Buckle";
- Ambassadors are not permitted to use Beast & Buckle’s trademarks in any paid search activity, including ad text, copy or display URLs;
- Ambassadors are not permitted to direct link PPC activity to BeastandBuckle.com; this includes using BeastandBuckle.com as a display URL;
- Ambassadors are not permitted to send traffic through automatic redirects on a website page;
- Ambassadors are not permitted to use the Beast & Buckle name (including misspells and variations) as a sub-domain or sub-folder.
Responsibility for Your Site and Social Profiles
You are solely responsible for your site, including its development, operation, and maintenance and all materials that appear on or within it. Beast & Buckle disclaims all liability for your site, for your social media content, and for any of your users’ claims relating to your site, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Beast & Buckle harmless from and against all claims relating to your site.
4. Related Policies
The Ambassador Program platform is operated by Refersion (Refersion Inc.), a third party. Beast & Buckle does not control Refersion and is not responsible for any activity by Refersion.